Medication Management & Education
Medication management is a fundamental part of recovery. Incorrect or missed doses can be detrimental to a patient’s health. Failure to take medications in the right dosage, at the right time, at the right frequency can lead to hospitalizations, worsening of the disease—or even death.
It is important to talk with your physician and pharmacist when prescribed a new medication, making sure that you understand doses and drug interactions.
Serenity Home Health ensures that the patient receives the correct dosage of medication at the correct time, every day.
Some of our medication management services include:
- Creating a medication regimen and schedule
- Educating the patient on proper dosage and side effects
- Ensuring prescriptions are filled
- Reviewing prescriptions prescribed by different doctors to prevent potentially dangerous drug interactions
- Evaluating responses to the medications
- Assessing the effectiveness of pain management
- Communicating with the patient’s doctor regarding the medication’s therapeutic response
We provide medication education to each patient. This includes information about the purpose of each medication, how to take it, the correct dosage and frequency, and possible side effects.