Medical Social Services & Counseling
Whether you need guidance acquiring equipment, arranging transportation, meals, counseling, assistance with paperwork, or psychological evaluations, our knowledgeable and experienced medical social workers and counselors are on hand to assist.
Stress that is related to an injury, illness, or other life-changing situation should not consume any patient or caregiver. Serenity Home Health employs caring and sensitive medical social workers who attend to patients’ emotional and social needs.
Social workers are available to help patients and their loved ones manage community resources, make phone calls, navigate paperwork and help with other necessary communications. Consider these ways that a medical social worker assists the patient and family:
- Home Safety Evaluations,
- Social and emotional needs that are associated with the illness,
- Community resources available to the patient, family and caregivers (such as Meals on Wheels, transportation, SSI/disability applications, etc.)
- Social/emotional factors associated with the illness
- Medical and nursing requirements within the home
- Community resources available to the patient, family and caregive
Serenity Home Health medical social workers are available to assist in many ways:
- Supportive counseling for patients and families
- Long and short term care planning and family meetings
- Assitance with durable medical equipment:
- Wheel chairs
- Energy assistance programs
- Assistance with home financial management
- Referrals to local resources
- Medicare and SSI/disability applications
- Legal help with issues such as power of attorney and conservatorship
- Acquiring medical supplies and equipment and delete the space between oxygen and energy assistance program.